There is something about cookie dough that brings me back to my childhood. When I was in elementary school we were able to leave school for lunch and we would all go to the little deli in town on the corner of Main Street. It was awesome to have freedom like that at such a young age. But the best part was that you could buy a nice chuck of frozen cookie dough for 50 cents! Was it safe to eat? …not really sure about that one but I’m still alive so I say who cares!
Anyway since being vegan and on a ketogenic diet, cookie dough is basically non existent. I have been cravingggg it though. There are a lot of recipes out that where you can use chickpeas as a substitute. But when your eating low carb and high fat, chickpeas don’t fit into the equation. So how are these amazing superfood cookie dough bites made?
I first found a similar recipe on Mind Body Green for superfood cookie dough but again I had to leave out most of the ingredients… regardless I was inspired. I combined a few of my fat bomb recipes with this superfood recipe and a new delicious recipe has been made!
- food processor (not necessary but if you have one why not)
- your hands
- a big bowl
- measuring tools
- container to store (if you dont eat them all in one sitting)
- 3 C shredded unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 C almond flour (could also use coconut flour or hazelnut flour)
- 1/4 C cacoa nibs
- 1 C coconut oil
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tbs stevia (or however much you prefer)
- 1/2 tbs moon juice beauty dust
- 4 scoops of moon juice mushroom protein powder ( can sub for any low carb protein powder)
**** if you aren’t using any protein powder, use less coconut oil or more almond flour*****
- First thing I did was add my “dry” (coconut shreds, almond flour, beauty dust, mushroom protein, stevia) ingredients and make sure they were mixed well. (You can do this by hand or in the food processor)
- Next I added the vanilla extract and coconut oil slowly and began to mix evenly by hand. (Again you can throw it all in the food processor if you have one)
- Last step is mixing in the cacoa nibs, I personally wouldn’t use the food processor for this step because it may grind them up. I just hand kneaded them in to make sure they were evenly spread
- I hand rolled (40) little dough bites and placed them in a pyrex container and then placed them in the freezer to set overnight.
Superfoods! There is so much information about all of these ingredients so I decided to link some articles for you guys rather then me retype everything out: coconut, almonds, mushroom protein, cacoa nibs, stevia, beauty dust
Batch= 4184 calories/ 405g fat/ 70g protein/ 14 net carbs
*i divided mine into 40 cookie dough bites*
1 cookie dough bite= 104 calories/ 10g fat/ 1.8g protein/ .35 net carbs
I love how these turned out but I think next time I might had more coconut oil. For all of my keto-ers out there these are indeed fat bombs… just didn’t call them that because I didn’t want to scare anyone away. Macros at the bottom of the page! Once they are set and frozen they are like a dream, I am really loving the texture. Enjoy!